Thursday, June 06, 2013

Speedygeese at Kaleen - Better Late than Never!

Wednesday
I managed a short run before heading off to the dentist and then a lovely lunch with CJ in the city. It was not warm and I was on a time frame so had to be brief.
Total distance: 7km

Thursday
I started the day with an early breakfast with good friends (a belated birthday treat) before heading for the hairdresser. I started the afternoon shift at work at 12noon. Today I worked with Kathy and as we both wanted to join the speedygeese for some of the training we were glad it wasn't too busy and we could lock up on the dot of closing time before heading for the busy parkway and back to Kaleen oval. I detoured home and ran from there as the oval is only 800m from my house. It was quite a mild evening and well lit although busy tonight and we had to avoid a few dogs and soccer balls. We arrived 30minutes after the start time but at least some training is better than no training. After an 800m further warm up round the perimeter of the oval I ran five 200m sprints with Kathy and Maria (I use the term "with" loosely as I ran behind them but it was a good way of making me run as hard as I could). We then ran a few more loops of both ovals joining the rest of the participants. Speedygeese tonight were Clint, Colin, Rod, speedychief, Kathy, me, Maria and Susan. I was glad I made it for half of the session. I tried out my brand new Brooks Adrenaline ASR trail shoes tonight. They were great on the uneven ground and didn't feel too heavy. I'm looking forward to trying them out on the hilly trials.
Total distance: 7km


3 comments:

  1. I agree, hills are something of a trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's this new sport: Running Trials - similar to motorcycle trials but without the motor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok boys - thanks for the proofreading - "trails" "trails" "trails" - tee hee! I actually used to be the navigator when I went on car trials with Dave in the 1970s! We won a few too in a little red mini:)

      Delete