Wednesday, September 27, 2006

10km Before Breakfast!

This morning I decided it was time I went for an early morning run. It's lighter much earlier in the mornings now but it's still pretty cool so leggings and long sleeves were still required at 5.45am. I decided to take a different route from usual and ran to the AIS and along the new cycle track to Haydon Drive and home to Kaleen past the CIT and back on to the cycle track. The track is worth another investigation on the bike as it's pretty hard concrete on the feet but in spite of the roadworks and concrete world there were still lots of magpies and beautiful rosellas in plentiful supply. My fingers remained cold for most of the run although the rest of me eventually warmed up!

Distance: 10km
Time taken: 57:21
Calories burned: 598
Average pace per km: 5:44

Evening - Yoga
I was so hungry during the class tonight. My tummy was rumbling like crazy and I was very much looking forward to eating my dinner! This was the last session for this term and we now have a couple of weeks break. It was a good session with lots of much-needed leg work - standing and stretching poses and a very long shoulder stand.

Tomorrow morning I'm catching the 7.15am flight to Sydney for a meeting so no swimming this week! Now I had better book a cab!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't mention the ab work we did in yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cab! Can you get those in Canberra?

    Your forgot to mention your red earrings.

    ReplyDelete