Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Running in Darkness

This morning (brrrr) I went to the gym very early to follow CJ's upper body strength program before going to work. I'm currently working 3 days a week to bring in some spending money for our trip to the States next month. I'm enjoying it but now I have to go back to fitting in 3 days of my training around working hours - bother!

After work today I ran from home. At first my glutes and my left hammie hurt like crazy but at about 3km I began to feel comfortable and decided to keep going. Originally I thought I would only make 5km but I ended up running my usual little 8km route. After the turn around point the track was quite dark and I ran a bit cautiously. I must organise myself and wear a headlamp. Darkness comes early these days.
Total distance: 8:04km
Time taken: 47:24
Average pace per km: 5:54
Calories burned: 474
I defnitely ran the second half of the run much faster than the first half in spite of the lack of light so that was good.

1 comment:

  1. Rather than a headlamp, organise yourself to have a 2-hour lunch break, or to finish at 3pm :)

    ReplyDelete