Monday, August 03, 2009

Bring on the Warmer Weather!

Tonight at Parliament House I ran just a little warm-up, meeting up with five other early geese on their return run just by the lake. Our main session consisted of the usual warm up laps before a similar session to last week in the same spot, except tonight it was 5 x 600 repeats as fast as possible with jogs back to the start each time. I managed 4 repeats before the warm down loop.
Total distance: 11.2km
Calories burned: 662
It was good to see Cathy M and Ewen for the first time since I returned from the States except Ewen didn't stay for the main session having already run 8km with speedychief earlier. Quite a number of speedygeese are heading for the City to Surf in Sydney this weekend. It will be fun even if I am totally unprepared this year.
I am so looking forward to the warmer weather. I am so over the cold and I've only been back in Canberra three weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Me too, Strewth....enough of the cold weather. I keep wishing I was back at the Gold Coast where I was able to go surfing every day. Oh well, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you didn't make the start of the early "warm-up" - Speedychief was setting a cracking pace. That's why I left early - I was knackered.

    ReplyDelete