Thursday, April 08, 2010

Speedygeese at Dickson Oval

I arrived just before 5pm to give me time to run a gentle 5km before the main group arrived. Speedygeoff and Craig had gone for a long run at 4pm but I didn't want to run quite that far tonight. Instead I enjoyed the main session with quite a large turnout of speedygeese. It was really pleasant and still sunny at 5pm but after a couple of warm up loops after the 5.30pm session started I discarded my sunglasses. We ran a long warm up loop and a short loop of the oval before the main set which was a group of pyramids as follows:
60secs fast/60secs slow
50secs fast/50secs slow
40secs fast/40secs slow
30secs fast/30secs slow
40secs fast/40secs slow
50secs fast/50secs slow
60secs fast/60secs slow
repeated like a 'W'!
This part of the session lasted a solid 20minutes and we finished off with another cool down lap. By this time the temperature had dropped considerably and it was chilly at the end.
It was good to see so many speedygeese, some who we don't see often if ever at training, turning up for a solid session at Dickson.
Total distance including my warm-up lap before the start: 12km

6 comments:

  1. Gee Ruth, who could you possibly be referring to? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of Alan actually - although come to think of it..... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a good session. I miss you guys. Might get back there before the end of winter with a bit of luck. Hope to catch up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan who ... makes me hope we are not turning into a walking and/or steeplechase group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that "gentle"....I will remember it

    ReplyDelete