Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Weather for Ducks...

....and black swans and a few straggly geese! It was raining steadily when I drove to Parliament House well in time for the 5.30pm session. A few soggy geese (Craig, speedycoach and Tim)arrived after their early run and we were soon joined by Rachelle (who ran a speedy 4km), Andrew (new starter) and Chris (who turned back after 2km). It was still raining but the underground carpark was busy and noisy so we were happy to head out and run in the very fresh air! I ran with Craig at a comfortable pace while the others raced ahead. When Tim and Andrew turned back at 4km speedycoach joined Craig and me to run out a further 2km before turning back making a total of 12km for me, 20km for Craig and 25km for speedycoach. I really appreciated the company in such wet weather.

We were soaked through, running through deep puddles and muddy slushy grass. A quick dry with a towel and a hot shower as soon as I reached home made me feel much warmer. I had already prepared dinner so just had to heat it up which was so good.

I returned to the gym this morning for the 6.15am cross training class, this time a fitball class. It has been over two weeks since I've been to the gym and it hurt. It also hurt when I followed the class with some upper body strength work.

Teddy was lucky as the rain held off long enough for me to take him for a walk and a good run at the oval this afternoon.

Total distance for run: 12km
Time taken: 1:18
Average pace per km: 6:32

2 comments:

  1. Would have liked to have run that one - sounds much more pleasurable than the 600m hill circuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I insist: better the rain than the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete