Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is this tapering?

Yesterday morning I did the upper body part of CJ's program at the gym and this morning I did the rest of the program plus a 15mins abs class. After work today I ran from the office and round Lake Ginninderra which is nearby. It was unexpectedly brisk outside with a chilly wind. It was also quite dark by the time I finished which could have had something to do with the fact that half way round the lake I came across Rach and Al walking their dogs and stopped to talk a while (no, surely not) before continuing back to the office in the semi light.
Total distance: 8km
Time taken: 47mins
Average pace per km: 5:57
Calories burned: 458
Now there's just over 3 days until the 40th Canberra Half Marathon. I hope the pleasant weather continues and the wind stays away!

3 comments:

  1. sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2,
    sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2,
    sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2,
    sub2 .. sub2 .. sub2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've paid Geoff to run beside you chanting "sub2" all the way? In that case you'd better run sub-1:57!

    I need to find more populated places to run so I can stop random people for a chat whenever I want a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Strewth

    I'm Stefano's friend and I met you and your husband here in Italy three years ago (I don't know if you remember it). There were other your australian friends in 2006 when you come in Italy.
    While I was reading Stefano's post concerning his last tarquinian race I saw your name above your comment. So I decided to visit your blog where I read that your are going to run the Canberra half Marathon.

    Regards to you and your husband.
    Giorgio

    ReplyDelete