Sunday, May 03, 2009

A Perfect Autumn Day

Wow, what a day! It was an absolute stunner. The day started quite early when I drove to collect my son from the airport and then I spent a lovely morning with my daughter-in-law at the Hall Markets. The sun was shining brightly and it was just beautiful outside. Later in the afternoon I went for a tempo run in perfect conditions. There wasn't a breath of wind and the trees were very pretty with all their Autumn colours. I really enjoyed the run. I just love this time of the year on sunny days - not too hot and not too cold - delightful!
Total distance: 10km
Time taken: 57:19
Average pace per km: 5:43
Calories burned: 585
I had popped a chicken in the oven before I left home and beautiful smells wafted to greet me when I arrived home - mmmm!

6 comments:

  1. This brilliant May weather makes you want to go for a run! And it's forecast for many more days yet. I hope you can get out and enjoy it tomorrow before our yummy scrummy special dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That's speedy. Extra energy from the previous day's apple and blueberry crumble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely

    I will be in Canberra this weekend if you are free for a catch-up. I am free Sat afternoon & Sunday (R is doing the MDC). Let me know if you are interested/free for a catch-up. IT would be great to see you & CJ

    Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've sent you an email about Saturday; looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does the chicken think about this "perfect autumn day"? i think she found this perfect day a little "hot".
    Seriously, i agree, this is the best period for the workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read on the Iliketoast that you are a golden medalist!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete