Monday, October 09, 2006

Parliament House Training

About ten of us turned up for speedygeoff's training session tonight. Trev took the session in our leader's absence. As I drove towards the underground carpark I was directed to "illegally" do a u-turn as we could not enter the carpark today - not sure quite what important happening was taking place but there were a few fire engines about - perhaps there was a a bomb scare?? Anyway, I digress. I had to park the car on the street and met up with Maria and Ken so at least I had company for the first warm-up loop of PH. We then met up with the rest of the group to run the next warm-up lap before heading to the bottom grassy verge in front of PH where we ran our main set.

5 laps of the grassy rectangular verge with each uphill edge fast then
5 laps in the opposite direction with the opposite uphill edge fast

Another lap of PH to cool down.

Total distance: 9.5km
Calories burned: 572

My legs didn't want to work properly tonight but I persevered. It was hard work but I'm glad I did it. The company was good and I think my hamstring feels marginally better for the effort! Tomorrow morning I'll do a bodypump class at the gym.

We drove to the coast yesterday and the car went beautifully but we drove away from gorgeous Canberra sunshine into cloudy cold drizzly weather at the beach! We bought fish and chips and drove home again! However at least we gave my little VW Golf a good run!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, a day at the beach and fish n' chips. That brings back lots of memories for me from my childhood. Pity the weather was a bit crappy down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice day trip in your new car! Nothing like fish and chips at the beach, sounds like an English day trip especially with the weather you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good session, not many hills. How much chocolate equates to 572 calories? How much fersh and cherps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice as many as the previous Monday - things are looking up for Geoff's return.

    Glad Trevor gave you such an easy session but how come it wasn't 9.51km?!

    ReplyDelete