Friday, February 19, 2010

Almost but not quite!

Tonight at track I competed in the 4 x 800m walk relay. I was in a team with Margaret, Carol and Trish wearing hot pink bibs. It was lots of fun but hard work too trying to walk, without running, really fast for 800m. My split was 5:11 and our team finished in 21:02 in 5th place out of 7 teams.

After this I jogged a few laps of the track while cheering on the 4 x 800m run relay teams which included Margaret and Carol in the W60s. This was Margaret's birthday night and she did really well as the W60s won a new ACT record.

The last event of the night was the 3000m at 8pm. I felt better tonight and thought for a moment as I crossed the line that I had run under 15minutes but not quite - very close though so I'll just keep trying!
Distance: 3000m
Time taken: 15:00:02 (almost there)!!

Total distance for night: 6.5km

Photo: Peter and Margaret at a speedygeese dinner in 2009.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo. Happy birthday Margaret (if you ever read this)!

    .02 is the difference between starting right on the start line and back in the pack. Next time you'll fall over the line under 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hug the inside of the track for a faster time.

    ReplyDelete