Saturday, May 11, 2013

Parkrun on a gorgeous Autumn Day

This is the first time I haven't run to the start of the Parkrun from home. Instead Mr B and I drove there and I only ran about 300m before the start of the run, hardly a warm up at that crisp time of day. However, it was great to be there and the sun was soon beautiful and we warmed up quickly. Deek and his female indigenous group were there as helpers today. They are running the Mothers' Day Classic tomorrow as are we and will also soon be training to run the New York marathon later this year! Maybe we'll see them there. 
CJ and I had been promised a coffee at the end of the run by our good friend Gary because we finished the Canberra Marathon and this was our first opportunity to get together. Of course this was lovely to look forward to and we were joined by Marg and Mr B at the Birrigai Cafe. It was a very pleasant way to spend a relaxing time with great friends. Thank you Gary!
I didn't run the Parkrun as fast as usual. It felt ok but I was holding back a little as we are running in the MD Classic 10km run tomorrow. At least that was my excuse for not running as well this week!
Total distance: 5km
Time taken: 28:17 (PB 27:50)
Place overall: 72nd (110 finishers)
Place in age group: 1st (probably the only one)
Later Mr B and I took Teddy for a long walk while I was delivering Avon. It was yet another stunning Autumn day. 
In the mail yesterday I received a parcel from my newly married daughter for Mothers' Day tomorrow. I have restrained myself and will open it in the morning. And today I was delivered a gorgeous bunch of flowers from the other daughter. Yay I love being spoilt. 
Tomorrow after the run we are going for brunch with our Canberra family. Woo hoo! What a fun weekend.










1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd dragged myself out of bed for coffee. How did you go in the 10k this morning?

    ReplyDelete