Thursday, January 03, 2008

Stealing a Quote that Fits!!

Before Work 6.15am - Gym
Bodypump class
It's been quite a while since I've been to this class and I really noticed it. I also felt it a bit in my hamstring when we were doing some of the leg work.

After Work - 6.15pm - Run
Actually it wasn't so much of a "run" as an attempt to run. I was running in pain from about the 2km mark. I persevered for 10km but at that stage the hamstring was hurting too much to continue so I walked the rest of the distance home. I made several attempts to start running again but it just wouldn't happen so it looks like another trip to the physio is in order. Just as well I didn't attempt track running. I knew I wasn't ready for speed work again yet - to quote speedygeoff's palindrome - "dammit, i'm mad"!!

Distance: 10km
Time taken: 62:50
Average pace per km: 6:17
Calories burned: 590

Plus 5km Walk!!

4 comments:

  1. That's a terrible shame that you are still feeling the pain of the injury. You must have done some real damage. Not a good start to 08, especially when the plan was to be rebuilding by now. But still, if you managed 10k, it could be that all will start feeling much better any day now. But I wouldn't advise any serious speed work for a while yet. However good you may feel shortly. Not until a bit of a base has been re-established.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Speedygeoff left a palidrome on my blog the other day & I couldn't work it out :-(

    Sorry to hear about the harmstring Strewth. Look after yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger! A day off running then try again is all I can suggest. Perhaps alternate 1k runs with 500m walks?

    Hey, you would have been fine on the track - it was only a 1.6k spiral!

    I still think 'Go lay Barb's bra by a log' is his best one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. get a cute physio. make it worth it.

    in german, renner is a runner. and it's a palindrome. ooooh.

    ReplyDelete