Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Struggling to Regain Fitness

This morning I set the alarm for 5.30am (yes really) and went to RPM class at the gym. Boy, it was tough after a six week break and to top it off I next went to the abs class where there was a stand-in coach who absolutely killed us. We had to do 300 - yes 300 crunches AND front plank, side plank on both sides alternating with front plank without a break over and over and over. Boy, I knew I had abs when I left that class. I next returned home, changed into running gear and went for a run. Surprise, surprise it was a slow pace again after all that gym work!
Total distance: 10km
Time taken: 1:02
Average pace per km: 6:30 approx
Calories burned: 572
At the time of day I ran the sun had just emerged and although there was a bitter wind there was warmth in the sun and I ran in a singlet top. Later in the day it rained so I fitted in my run at the perfect time.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be expecting you to wear a crop-top at the next handicap so I can check out your abs.

    Good T-shirt. I thought it might have said "I'm crabby because I'm from New Zealand" ;)

    ReplyDelete