Saturday, April 06, 2013

Parkrun Number 3

Gindy Parkrun today

This morning I rose very early yet again in order to fit in my longish run before starting work for the day. Today's long run was my last before the marathon next weekend and of course was a taper run so much shorter than usaul. I ran down to the lake from home at 7.10am and found Marg and CJ at the start of the Parkrun which I had decided to incorporate in my run. Conditions were perfect; it was cool but the sun was starting to shine and there was no wind. The mist was swirling over the lake making it quite eerie and picturesque. 
After the Parkrun I ran the 5km back home again before showering and heading off to The Runners' Shop for work. My goodness, I now know what it is like to work there on a Saturday. It was really busy today. I think everybody is stocking up on shoes and guus for the Canberra Running Festival next weekend and the Canberra Running Club's half marathon a few weeks later.
Distance of Parkrun: 5km
Time taken: 27:50 (32sec PB)
Average pace per km: 5:35
Age percentage: 70.72%
Total distance of run including warm up and cool down: 15km



3 comments:

  1. I love this pic of you Ruth :) You are all set to run a great marathon. See you for our girls' pre marathon brekkie on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 'NEW PB!' - you were much faster than "usaul" ;-) So, looking good for a fast marathon (as long as Nick doesn't have you slaving too hard at work this week). BTW, shouldn't it be Runner's Shop, like Runner's World? I've always wondered about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But there's more than one runner which is why I put the apostrophe after runners. Having said that the logo has no apostrophe at all like veterans athletics so I guess in this instance it's all about interpretation. Does the shop cater for the runner or the runners?? But I do stand corrected on the "usual" - thanks for the proofread Ewen:)

      Delete