Sunday, June 08, 2008

Interval Training

This morning I ran some intervals in place of Monday night training as speedygeoff is away and I have decided to do my long hilly run tomorrow morning with "the boys"! I just ran from home towards Lake Ginninderra, past Giralang and back - a 10km loop. I ran gently for a 15mins warm-up then ran 60secs sprints with 60secs jog between repeating this twelve times - I counted about five lamp-posts for my 60secs on the road but there were no lamp-posts by the lake so I had to keep looking at my garmin. It worked ok and was a good workout. It was a cooler morning and not as sunny as yesterday but no wind which is always a good thing!
Total distance: 10km
Time taken: 56:17
Average pace per km: 5:37
Calories burned: 590
Fastest km: 5:17 (km 4 and km5)

1 comment:

  1. 5:17 is very speedy :) I hope the boys didn't get you lost or take you up too many hills.

    ReplyDelete