Thursday, June 12, 2008

Short and Sweet!

I arrived at Dickson just in time to run the first two short loops of the warm-up missing out on the long loop. Our main session consisted of 3 x 1km fast with a gentle warm-down between starting every 5 minutes. Our speedycoach timed us for the first 1km and then handicapped us accordingly. I started at 24secs being one of the slowest.
My km times were: 5:06, 5:02 and 4:59 (yay!) which was better than last time I did this which was a couple of weeks ago.
I felt heavy on my legs tonight and I made the mistake of wearing a high necked t-shirt. I wanted to pull it off - I feel much more comfortable in a singlet when I'm trying to race. In the last 1km sprint Jodie, Andj and I all started at 24secs. Right on the home straight Jodie sprinted past me to beat me by 4secs - rats!! I take that as a challenge for next time! Andj joined us for the first time tonight having just moved here from Queensland. We have quite a few ex-Queenslanders in speedygeoff's running groups. I wonder which is harder - to run in the intense heat or in the freezing cold?
Total distance: 5:37
Calories burned: 314

3 comments:

  1. A very good negative split: 5:06, 5:02 and 4:59.
    About your question, I prefer the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe! You can do a 1km sprint! Congrats on the sub-5 :)

    Didn't Spodie tell you not to race in training?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewen





    Ewen's just jealous he can't do a 1km sprint! Handy finish at the GC... see you there, Strewth.

    ReplyDelete