Thursday, February 26, 2009

Echidna instead of a Wombat!

Wednesday without Wombat
6.15am - RPM
7am-abs
6.15pm - Medium/Long Run
I ran all alone (no ipod, no Ewen) from home to and round the lake and an extra loop round Kaleen. It's very quiet without music but I had lots to churn over in my mind so it made for great thinking time. It started off hot and sunny but was quite cool and dark by the time I reached home. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of runners, walkers, cyclist and dogs out there.
Total distance: 20km
Time taken: 2:05
Average pace per km: 6:14
Calories burned: 1198

Thursday
I decided not to enter any events at track tonight as my schedule suggested hills. However, I still had to go to track to deliver and collect a few things for people and decided to make it a base and ran from there out to O'Connor Ridge and hilly trails. I kept losing the correct path back to the start as there are too many opportunities to go down the wrong turn-off and if there's a way to become lost I will find it! However, it was a great surface and it completely blew me away when a gorgeous little echidna waddled across my path with its nose poking straight ahead. How exciting. That was a first on any run I've done. There were lots of steep hills which obviously slowed me down considerably although Idid try to push myself up them as quickly as possible. I ran back to the track in time to see the last half of the 10,000m. Some of the times were amazing.
Total distance: 13km
Time 1:26
Average pace per km: 6:39
Calories burned: 760

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for not running with you... my back was a little spiky.

    ReplyDelete