Saturday, September 01, 2007

Springtime in Canberra

Today was the first day of Spring and it was a gorgeous morning for running. Mr B was practising for his duathlon so he ran 10km, cycled 40km and ran another 5km whereas I just ran - slowly!

Distance: 16.2km
Time taken: 1hr 41mins
Average pace per km: 6:17

My legs felt like lumps of lead and my throat burned but I did want to run on such a beautiful day so I ran down to the lake then on past Giralang and on to the turn-off at Palmerston before turning round and heading back to Kaleen. It was a pleasant run but I had to stop a few times as my legs felt heavy and my body tired. Damn, damn, damn, I so need to pick up my pace. Bring on the healthy bugs.

Happy Fathers' Day tomorrow to all those dads out there. I hope the sun shines for you.

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it Strewth. I want you down to at least 6:12s before the Saturday morning Molonglo runs!

    ReplyDelete