Thursday, September 13, 2007

Two Posts in a Row - It must be Spring!

Tonight was speedygeoff's training at Dickson Oval. It was a gorgeous sunny spring day in Canberra and the evening was still very balmy and pleasant - ideal conditions for training. We ran a large loop of the oval and surrounds followed by a shorter version before running the main set of 6 x 400m with 400m recovery runs between each faster 400m. Then it was another chatty cool-down run. There was a great turn-out this evening. The new people from last week returned - that's always a positive and it was great to see so many people out there, the majority wearing shorts what's more!
Distance: 9.3km
Calories burned: 550

4 comments:

  1. A lovely time of year isn't it Strewthy? Sorry I haven't visited for a while. I'm injured again and am also dealing with a few other issues or two. Certainly not in racing shape and don't think I can even make it to the Canberra Times run this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Don!

    Ah, shorts. I remember those. I think I'll go for a run today - it's so lovely out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and any in running skirts?

    it's already too toasty here.

    "chatty cool-down"... that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you're getting back into the training with the crew.

    I'm off to Italy today so I'll have some fine coffee on your behalf and if you insist I'll try out some gelato :)

    ReplyDelete