Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wombat Wednesday

In the morning I struggled out of bed to attend the RPM/spin class at the gym. Gee, it was hard work after missing Friday's class!
After work Ewen met me for our mid-week run round the East Basin of the lake. It felt slow and tough initially but once we were in a rhythm and involved in all our long weekend catch-up session it felt good, although we were battling a head wind on the return journey. We beat last week's time by 4secs per km!
Total distance: 16km
Time taken: 1:37:20
Average pace per km: 6:05
Calories burned: 950
I do enjoy those Wednesday runs and the company is great but once I finish I just can't seem to eat and drink enough. I'm hungry all evening!!
I think our hot snap is defnitely over. The mornings and evenings are becoming exceedingly brisk (unlike my running) and our overnight temperature tonight (Thursday) is forecast to be 3deg - ouch - back to boots and jackets for the office and I must look out that long-sleeved running gear!

1 comment:

  1. Come on Strewth! That was a brisk run. The non-stop talking was worth about 10 secs per km ;)

    ReplyDelete