Thursday, March 19, 2009

Track Session

This evening I just made it to the start of the Spiral Handicap at the AIS track not having time for a warm-up which was a mistake. Life is just too busy!! It was a 7 lap spiral and I started from Group 34. The runners were mainly made up of males. In fact there were only three females competing. Roy put on a real sprint and I couldn't catch him. Instead I ran just behind Laurie with him encouraging me every step of the way.
Distance: 2.92km (according to garmin)
Time taken: 15:16
Average pace per km: 5:13
Calories burned: 170

After the spiral I went for a gentle undulating run with speedychief to warm up (!) for the next event.
Distance: 3.07km

The next event I ran was the 3km GM series.
Distance: 3km (d'uh)
Time taken: 15:23:68
Average pace per km: 5:08
Calories burned: 175

Total distance for day: 9km

1 comment:

  1. Busy? Aren't you now living a life of leisure, relaxation and full-time training?

    Speedy 3000. Would have been, oh, around 26 seconds faster had you not raced the spiral.

    ReplyDelete