Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Splashing in the Puddles!

It's not often I can use that blog title in Canberra but this afternoon it rained and rained. There was no avoiding it when I set off on my early evening run at 5.20pm. I wore a spray jacket and became soaking wet but it was great. The rain and breeze kept me reasonably cool and I felt quite comfortable. There were lots of puddles to splash in and muddy trails on the ridge.

I ran about 20mins past the AIS and on to O'Connor Ridge and did a fartlek session on the hills as follows:
2 x 60secs fast/60secs slow
4 x 30secs fast/30secs slow
2 x 60secs fast/60secs slow
4 x 30secs fast/30secs slow
2 x 60secs fast/60secs slow
Then I continued running around the undulating trails before heading back home.

Calories burned: 777
Total distance: 13.24km
Time taken: 1:21:29
Average pace per km: 6:09

3 comments:

  1. You're good. I was soft... will make up for it this afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do the Speedy Geese sessions @ Dickson oval on Thursdays, starting tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Easter weather is better thatn that, Ruth! Beautiful here today but the rest of the weekend is in doubt, in which case we can all stay inside and eat our Easter egg...not eggS! Just one egg!

    Happy Easter! See you May 1 - 2 weekend.

    ReplyDelete