Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Gym, Run, Swim - Can't think up an original heading!

Morning - 6.15am - Gym
Fitball class - lots of abs work

After work - 5pm - Running - Parliament House
I took Rachelle to speedygeoff's group just after 5pm but by the time we started running it was about 5.10pm so we could only fit in a short run before meeting everyone for the training session at 5.30pm. It was good to be back after a few missed sessions but I knew I must stick to instructions and not do the speed work. We ran a warm-up loop of PH then trained on the grassy verge in front of PH towards the road. It had rained steadily for most of the day but we were very lucky in that it had eased off by the time we trained and we could have our entire session outside. The main session was to run loops of a 300m course, 100m being on a diagonal slope across the grass and two lots of 50m down or up the sides. The goal was to sprint the diagonals and jog the 50m sides aiming for 10 loops. Each time the leader passed us that would cut one loop off our distance. We stopped when the leader had completed 10 loops. I managed 7 loops at my gentle pace. We then ran a cool-down loop of PH before speedychief suggested (strongly) that we run up the main slope of PH to the top to admire the view and catch our breath before trotting back down again and returning to the start. There were 22 of us there tonight, the best turn-out for a long time and a few new faces since I had last been. It was a good session and I look forward to the time when I can run it much faster, injury-free!
Total distance (including the earlier warm-up): 10.4km

Tuesday - Swimming - 6.15am
Yes, it was back to the pool for me this morning and I managed to swim 1km in 29:30mins before spending 15 blissful minutes in the spa - a very pleasant way to start the day.

1 comment:

  1. How about "Plodies at Spodies"?

    Wasn't it great to have speedy Tim there? We don't have to run so many laps!

    ReplyDelete