Sunday, February 03, 2008

Decision Made!

On Thursday I visited Jimmy again and he was very pleased with me. I am now allowed to increase my running by 10% every second run. Now, when I put all my calculations together it works out that I could only fit in one run over 30km before the marathon in April. Sooooo, looks like I may have to give Canberra a miss this year and as I'm only allowed to increase distance, not speed, I may also miss the Half in March. Instead my next goal will be the Canberra Half in May. Now, to say I am disappointed with this outcome would be putting it mildly. But now that I have made the decision I will move forward, increase my distance and think positive. At least I am running again and slowly but surely I will be back. The Canberra Marathon will still be there next year and there's always the Gold Coast in July or the Melbourne option??
Anyway I digress! I just had a lovely social weekend - disastrous on the diet side but very pleasant indeed socially. On Friday night we met friends for dinner at Della Rocca, on Sat night we met up with more friends for dinner at Zefferellis and today I spent a very pleasant and relaxing afternoon with CJ, Ewen and Rachelle at Tilleys.

Friday morning - Run
Distance: 11km
Time taken: 1:08:14
Average pace per km: 6:12
Calories burned: 655

Saturday morning - Run
Distance: 12:05km
Time taken: 1:15:44
Average pace per km: 6:17
Calories burned: 715

Sunday morning - Cycle
Distance: 20.04km

4 comments:

  1. Good way to look at things Strewth. YOu are right - there will always be another Canberra marathon. The most important thing right now is to get that hammy of yours back to 100%

    That reminds me, will email you & CJ today

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you didn't even have a piece of that beautiful carrot cake with cream and ice-cream!

    Some people could have run a marathon in the time we were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course those marathons will still be there, Strewth..for you, for years to come! So don't worry.

    Maybe I might see you at the GC where I hope to do the half marathon this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but i want to cheer for you. can't you just run by me 4 times? fool me?

    ReplyDelete