Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Running with a Patient Wombat

Tuesday morning - 6.20am
Swim - CISAC followed by a blissful spa
Distance: 1.1km
Time taken: 33mins

Wednesday - 5.30pm - Run
Ewen met me after work and we ran down to and round the East Basin of Lake Burley Griffin. It's been absolutely ages since we did that run and it was lovely that he had the patience to run with me and talk and talk and talk. He also had to wait and wait and wait as I had to stop three times for a nature visit probably due to a very large pumpkin rissotto last night - good thing there are loos every 5km along the way. I struggled a bit as it was very hot to start and my legs were objecting and I felt rather tired but I still enjoyed the run and the company. We spotted very curious cows (one an unusually light brownish grey colour), two fully grown bunnies (those babies have grown up) and a baby lizard who was so very cute. It was great to run that course again after so long.
Distance: 16km
Time taken: 1:42:24
Average pace per km: 6:24
Calories burned: 950

2 comments:

  1. Next time we'll include deviations to Regatta Point, Canberra Railway Station, The Pavillion and Parliament House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Ewen gets too bossy, Strewth, just give him a punch in the belly!

    ReplyDelete