Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Winter bugs descend upon me!

I spent yesterday at home from work with a very bad cold and headache. I could feel the sore throat starting on Monday afternoon when I left work early to babysit the grandchildren. No training for me Monday night and as a consequence today (Wed) is the first day I have run since Saturday and it was very very slow! Poor Ewen was very patient with me as I struggled to keep going. We tried a little detour from our usual run endeavouring to keep to where there was some light but it wasn't very successful. We'll go in a different direction again next week. The sky becomes dark very early in the evening and it's not winter yet. In fact the days are very sunny and beautiful but the evenings and early morning are very dark and cool.
Distance: 15.72km
Time taken: 1:39
Average pace per km: 6:18
Calories burned: 990

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't that slow. We had to run carefully so as not to trip and break an arm in that dim light ;)

    ReplyDelete