Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!

This morning Mr B accompanied me for the first 1.5 hours of my long run which was really great. We ran from home through the back of the AIS, through the ANU grounds to the lake, on round the museum and at the ferry terminal Mr B left me to run over the bridge and back home giving him 22km while I continued on to Molonglo Reach for the extra distance before turning and returning home via Turner and O’Connor. Parts of my body were objecting today but apart from general tiredness I have had no ill effects afterwards. Running past Lake BG on my own I was struck by its beauty. We are so lucky in Canberra to have such beautiful places to run. The water was clear and still and the sky was very blue with a comfortable temperature of 19deg – just perfect. We didn’t leave home until 10.45am so it was a late run and the sun was at its best. Maybe I’m trying to acclimatise for the Gold Coast although by July our temperatures will have dropped considerably unfortunately.
Total distance: 32:54km
Time taken: 3:15:09
Average pace per km: 5:59
Calories burned: 1909
Best km: 5:39

Yesterday (Friday) I did my usual RPM class at the gym with a temporary instructor who obviously would have rather stayed in bed! She was just a little off-the-planet! However, we still managed a good work-out!
Tomorrow (Sunday) the plan is to join Rachelle on a bike ride as she has just purchased a brand new bike. I hope my legs won’t object too much.

3 comments:

  1. It was even better at 2pm :)

    You stuffed up. Should be 32 point 54 km! Good running. Enjoy the bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With such a good run, will I see you next Saturday morning at 8:00 am Molonglo Reach?
    A few hills, no mountains will certainly help your strength base, even though GC is flat, the last 5 kms after the last turn seem to take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are blessed living in Canberra. It is perfect for a lifestyle such as ours. I always love coming to visit. Speaking of which, I'll be there something this month. I've forgotten which weekend; will check my diary & email you & CJ during the course of the week

    ReplyDelete