Monday, July 24, 2006

Just another Manic Monday

Today was not an especially good start to the week. My throat is very sore and raw and I feel very tired. However I still struggled out of bed early and went to the gym.

Chest/Back/Shoulders
Lateral pulldown - 1 x 6 (30kg), 1 x 6 (25kg); 2 x 12 (25kg)
Cable seated row - 3 x 12 (45kg)
DB Bench Press = 3 x 10 (20lb)
Pec Dec Fly - 3 x 10 (20kg)
DB Upright row - 3 x 12 (30kg)
DB Shoulder Press - 1 x 12, 2 x 10 (10lb)

Abs/Core
Back extension - 2 x 15
Modified Plank - 3 x 60secs
Bicycle Crunches - 3 x 15
Crunches - 3 x 15

The rain poured down all day and after work I just didn't feel up to going to speedygeoff's session. My throat was hurting heaps and I knew we would be training in the underground carpark so instead I wussed out and drove home and climbed on my windtrainer (stationary bike) in the comfort of my lounge! There I did a hard intervals session as follows:

5 mins warm up followed by 21mins intervals - 1 min easy/2 1/2 mins hard (x 6 repeats), 5 mins cool down - total of 31 mins.

I worked really hard to make up for the guilts and was so wet when I finished I had to have a shower before preparing dinner. I did a load of washing, ironed a couple of shirts, wrote my blog and now I'm ready for bed! And my throat still hurts!! Waaaaah!

3 comments:

  1. Three weeks it took me to recover from what in the first week was a throat - but I'm (nearly) back! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sniffing and coughing last night, but nothing this morning, so fingers are crossed.

    Have a couple of throat drops, or "anything else" that's handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe brekkie with CJ will help! My commiserations; always the pits when it seems like a cold is just a sniffle away. I had a flu shot earlier in the year and that has so far kept the bugs at bay. Keep up the vitamin c and eat healthy....so says Mother Goose.

    ReplyDelete