Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday Madness!

Morning Gym Session

This morning's session was chest/back/shoulders. I had to rise at 5.15am in order to eat brekkie and organise all the appropriate gear for the day even though I had packed my bags the night before. It's unreal how much organisation it takes to take the work clothes and running gear and gym gear, make-up, lunches for the week etc. I spend more than an hour every Sunday making my lunches and measuring my portions, chopping up veges, carrot sticks etc. It's quite a performance but I'm now in Week 6 of my program and have lost nearly 4kg and 4% of body fat so I have to be happy with that!

Session
Warm up 5 mins of stationary bike
Lateral pulldown - 2 x 12, 1 x 10 (25kg)
Cable seated row - 3 x 12 (45kg)
DB Chest Press - 3 x 12 (17.6lb)
Pec Dec Fly - 1 x 10, 2 x 12 (15kg)
DB Upright row - 1 x 12 (30kg); 2 x 12 (25kg)
DB Shoulder Press - 2 x 12 (10kg)

Abs/Core
Back Extension - 2 x 15
Modified Plank - 2 x 45secs
Bicycle Crunches - 2 x 60

Stretches

Evening - speedygeoff's group at Parliament House
It was lovely to welcome speedygeoff back tonight after a week in Sydney. At the start of the session he made some announcements and in them included some lovely comments about me and gave me three Marathon photos and they're beauties. I'm delighted! What a lovely surprise. I'm glad I was there!!

Session:
Hill Runs!
Warm up of two loops of Parliament House
20 hill repeats sprinting (or running as fast as possible) from the bottom of the grassy bit in front of PH which goes down to the road and right up to the top then we jogged back to the start and ran each repeat at 90secs.
Cool down loop of PH
Total distance: 9.16km

My times for the hill repeats varied between 32secs and 36secs but I mainly seemed to achieve 34secs and I WASN'T LAST!! Woo hoo! Perhaps I'm finally getting stronger.

This was a tough hill session but I found the hardest part jogging that final warm-down loop of PH. My glutes and legs objected violently! The good part about this session is that I now don't have to run hill repeats in the morning. I can just jump on my windtrainer and do an interval session instead. Thank you speedygeoff!


1 comment:

  1. Yes you do need to be happy with that, in reference to your weight loss. Outstanding! Looks like a solid effort with Geoff as well. It's a tribute to all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete