Friday, January 15, 2010

Back on Track!

Yesterday (Thursday) morning I went for a fitness assessment at the gym and was pleased to learn I have a resting heartrate of 49. I was also shown a few more exercises which will make a bit of a change to my usual regime. A change is always good.

It was also good that the temperature was much less extreme today and almost cool when I ventured out to track to run the 3000m. I warmed up with Marg, Ewen and speedygeoff for a few laps and then headed for the start line. There was a bit of a breeze but apart from that the conditions were pretty good as it's so much easier to run when it's not too hot.

The final results have now been posted and I ran the 3000m in 15:23 which is slightly better than last time but not a PB. My goal is still to go under 15mins. I am a bit disappointed with the official time as I thought I ran in 15:16. Oh well, keep on running strewth!!

Total distance including warm-up and cool down: 8km
Calories burned: 412

2 comments:

  1. 15:16! I wish! Under 15mins.just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we keep on getting those cool changes you'll do it! Just need one without a headwind ;)

    ReplyDelete