Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Run and a drop in temperature

Tuesday runs have been moved to 8.30am instead of 9.15am starts on a trial basis. Today was the first run at this time and as it happened the temperature was quite cool in comparison to what we have been having lately. However, it made for perfect running weather. I ran the first half of the run with Brian. The course was from Black Mountain peninsula to Cork Oaks Plantation over the gunbarrel so called because it is a trail that rolls over and over and is relatively steep. We included an extra loop and I ran the return trip with Marilyn. My legs felt very slow after last night's speedygeese session and it was a bit of a struggle. I was hanging out for water at the end.
Total distance of run: 12km
In the afternoon Talia and I went for a fun walk with Teddy along trails through trees, being intrepid explorers, carrying our supplies of water and sultanas just in case! Oh and of course an icecream was required after detours to two play areas on the way.
Total distance of walk: 4km

1 comment:

  1. Don't complain how cool Summer is until it's worse than today!

    I might put back my Saturday long run to 8am ;)

    ReplyDelete