Saturday, April 05, 2008

Daylight Saving Ends!

This week has been a bit of a disaster. I had a few days off work sick and as a consequence was unable to run between Monday's training and today. It's taking a long time to shake it off and energy is lacking. However, this morning I bit the bullet and organised to meet CJ for a coffee at Black Pepper at 9.30am. This would ensure that I ran to meet her there at that time. Besides Mr B is in Bathurst this weekend at a squash tournament so I am free as a bird. He's such a gadabout but by all accounts is winning his matches so that's good.
Anyway the run wasn't too bad. I felt very heavy and slow for the first half and then at about the 10km mark I met up with CJ (totally unplanned at that time) running in the opposite direction so I turned around and ran the rest of the way with her, back to our coffee spot! That probably made me speed up a bit!
Total distance: 15km
Time taken: 1:29:52
Average pace per km: 5:59
Calories burned: 890
It turned out to be a stunning sunny 21deg day in Canberra today with not a breath of wind, not many of these days left now I imagine, but oh boy it was pretty damn cold at 8am! Tomorrow is the Women's and Girls' Fun Run. Although I have entered I know it will be a slow run. After all the emphasis is on having fun in the sun. :) I must remember to put back my clock as daylight saving ends. How sad. Summer is truly over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment