Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Far too early for civilized people!

Activity: Run at 5.30am
Distance: 20.64km
Time: 2hours 7mins 18secs
Average pace per km: 6:11
Best km: 5:02
Calories burned: 1277

Comments: Oh boy - the alarm went off at 4.45am and I took a leaf out of CJ's book and ate a piece of toast and honey before the long run. I took my ipod with me and gee it does make such a difference when running for that distance alone early in the morning. I ran down to the lake and it was quite busy with walkers, cyclists and runners. Most people respond to "g'day" but there's the occasional very focussed runner or cyclist who looks straight ahead and doesn't hear you. One man was running up and down the bank next to the steps under the bridge, obviously practising his hill repeats! It's a very peaceful time of day and once the first 5km were out of the way it wasn't too bad a run in spite of the 13km we ran last night. Of course by the time I arrived home, showered, made myself a yummy power shake (recipe courtesy of CJ - wow, it's so yummy), packed my yoga bag and dressed for work I didn't leave home until 8.45am - a late start but although I felt tired for the first hour or so I perked up and felt ready for yoga in the evening.

Evening activity: Yoga

Comments: Lots and lots of stretches - they hurt but gee I know they do me good. We started back on our shoulder stands again. I like our new teacher and I just love the last ten minutes when we lie there in blissful stillness blocking out the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment