Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2 of Easy Week!

Yesterday morning (Tuesday) I went to the pool and swam 1200m. It was very refreshing on such a hot day. I didn't go out for a run until 7pm when it was still hot but at least the sun wasn't quite as brilliant. I ran from home along the cycle track and under the tunnel and on for another km towards Gungahlin. Mr B ran with me (or slightly ahead of me) until the 4km turnaround point but I wanted to run the extra km to make up the required distance for the day.
Total distance: 10km
Time taken: 59:53
Average pace per km: 5:59
Calories burned: 583
Today, Wednesday, is Australia Day and a public holiday here. Teddy and I went for a long hot walk this morning as the temperatures are expected to rise to 37deg later today. We stopped at the local coffee shop after his run at the oval, for a coffee for me and a cold bowl of water for Teddy. Now he is lying collapsed on the wooden floorboards while I write this.
I am meeting the boys for a slightly later start than usual this evening for our run but it will still be very hot - guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment