Friday, January 28, 2011

Thursday Track Session

Today (Friday) was my rest day from running and I went for a lovely walk with Jen and Teddy round some Black Mountain trails late in the day. The sun was low and we were in the shade of the trees. There were stunning views and it was pleasant and cool - just delightful.
Yesterday I went to the AIS track, watched the exciting 1500m race then ran a gentle warm up out of the grounds with Andy for 4.6km before lining up to run the 4 lap spiral, my only event for the night. I came in 25th with Nadine and Rachelle sprinting past me right at the end. It was a hot sticky night and I was very pleased not to have run the earlier events in the burning sun.
Total distance for evening: 6.2km
Spiral distance: 1.6km
Time taken: 8.1mins
Average pace per km: 5:04 (not exactly earth shattering speed tonight!)

2 comments:

  1. You were right! CJ doesn't read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Mountain in honor of the Black Knight? Thank you, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete