Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Shorter Pull-Back Week!

On Thursday evening I went to track but in the 35degree heat I did NOT take part in the 3000m although Mr B ran very well in it as did all the other amazing entrants - far too hot for me at that time. Instead I jogged around the outside of the track inbetween events. At 6.30pm I took part in the 1500m WALK. That was quite hot enough.
Total distance of walk: 1500m
Time taken: 10:27
Average pace per km: 7:10
The only other event I entered on this hot night was the 5 lap spiral which took place just after 8pm. I finished about 2nd last as my handicap is still too high.
Total distance: 2:02
Time taken: 11:49
Average pace per km: 5:51
Although the sun had gone down I still found it hot at that time of night. I don't seem to have any "get up and go" in my legs at all lately!

This morning (Saturday) I only had an 11km easy  run scheduled, a bit different from running 30km last week. However I did round it up by a km as I prefer even numbers! I left home before 7am and ran past Giralang on through the tunnel along Gundaroo Drive and to Crace before turning and running home. There was cloud cover but it was extremely muggy and I was dripping by the time I arrived home and it had nothing to do with speed! Later this afternoon however Teddy and I were caught in the rain and had to make a quick unexpected run home before becoming too soaked!
Total distance of morning run: 12km
Time taken: 1:23
Average pace per km: 6:56
Calories burned: 713
Tonight we had an unexpected thunderstorm and an absolute deluge of much needed rain. It could be a soggy triathlon for Mr B in the early hours of tomorrow and a very soggy bush run for the Veterans Athletics Monthly Handicap!
I took a trip out to the Runners' Shop this afternoon and bought some new running shoes which I won't be testing tomorrow in the mud. I found an Adidas pair the most comfortable as Asics appears to  have changed the shape of my favourite DS Trainers and they felt a bit snug. It will be quite strange running in a different brand for the first time in years.
I also collected my uniform as next Friday I am starting work there in a casual position. Woo hoo, I feel quite excited!








12 comments:

  1. Good choice! Adidas is the brand I like the most.
    It's easy to see that your training is going well.
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - here's hoping they help me run faster Giorgio!

      Delete
  2. With you working @ the Runners Shop some of us might become more frequent customers. Will give you a chance to find the best nearby coffee first though so we can make the trip South worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking out nearby coffee places will be my first priority Liz! I hope there is a good one!

      Delete
  3. Funny that you have turned to Adidas and me to Asics. Adidas are now too wide and the Asics new snug fit is perfect for my long narrow foot :-). Lovely to see you both at track and the handicap. I'm sure your legs will get some spring when conditions get cooler.
    What days are you working at the Runner's shops? We need to know the best days to go shopping there ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 3 days training starting on Friday and after that I will find out my shifts. I will let people know asap:)

      Delete
  4. Only a couple of days left for the sale, better get my running feet in there quick. See you on the mighty southside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we need your work hours urgently. My Old Frees are falling apart! Nice pace for the spiral - you'll be OK with Saturday 'Andy' runs now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will know my rosters next week I expect:)

      Delete
  6. Hot weather has the same effect on me too, Ruth. You'll be sparkling as usual as soon as it cools down. Does the Runners Shop keep 'Newton' trainers? They are the only ones I've worn for years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remember to check that out for you LL. I have never heard of them but I'm sure the experts there will advise me:)

      Delete