Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Monthly Handicap for 2013

 I haven't yet christened my new running shoes. Today I wore my trusty old Asics as I knew there would be mud and puddles involved! 

New Adidas running shoes
When I drove from home I noticed lots of damage from the violent storm last night. In fact I had to detour as the road I had intended to take was blocked due to debris.

The Vets' Monthly Handicap run was held at Aranda Bushland and the longer run was only 6km. However it was quite tough in that there were lots of undulations and the surface was a bit rough and very uneven and I had to watch my footing all the time so that I didn't face plant! Although there was cloud cover it was still very muggy, sticky weather. The run was 3km out and back on really pretty trails. I enjoyed it in spite of running with caution and splashing through muddy sloshy puddles. There were so many familiar faces and friends I only see once a month, in this case since November as we don't have a handicap run in December. Unfortunately I was unable to linger after the run as I wanted to say goodbye to my daughter before she and her fiance returned to Sydney this morning.
Total distance: 7km (including 1km warm up)
Time taken:  38:13 (for 6km)
Average pace per km: 6:22

Mr B competed in a national championship sprint triathlon early this morning.He came 4th in his age group this time but it was a very competitive field and he certainly appears to have gained enough points to qualify for the London triathlon world championships in September.

Later in the afternoon Mr B and I went to a friend's housewarming party to catch up with more friends we don't see  often. It was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So you're jetsetting to London AND New York! Better rack up some overtime at the Runners Shop for spending money.

    ReplyDelete