Thursday, October 13, 2005

A PB and a Dance
My first yoga class last night was really good. I had to concentrate hard but the relaxing time at the end and the feeling afterwards was amazing. I'm thoroughly looking forward to my class next week now. It dispelled all my cynical feelings towards yoga and now I am truly a convert!

Activity: Run 6.10am Thursday
Distance: 6km
Location: Kaleen block
Time: 33:27
Rate per km: 5:34
AHR: 161bpm
MHR: 212bpm!!
Calories: 361
Best lap: 5:25
Comments: The alarm on my mobile woke me at 5.30am. I switched it off and next thing I knew it was nearly 6am. I leapt out of bed in a dazed state and ran out the door at 6.10am. In spite of a blurry start I managed to run the block in a 2005 PB of 12 seconds for this course. It was a stunning morning - still, sunny and fresh which certainly helped! I do love mornings like that.

Activity: Dancing 7.30pm
Location: Belconnen - Danceway

Comments: Tonight we did a continuation of last week adding extra steps to our foxtrot and cha cha cha. We learnt turns and promenades, twists and spot turns. One of the leaders zoomed in on Mr B & me. He kept correcting our moves and took over as my partner for a time while Mr B was led round by his partner. It helped but we are definitely not "naturals" to the art of ballroom dancing! Still, it was fun and I'm sure (hopefully) that we will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment