Sunday, November 20, 2005

Catch up time
Dear me, where does the time go? It's the end of the weekend already!

Back to Thursday
Activity: Cycle
Distance: 11km
Location: Past Lake G and home via Giralang
Comments: Av sp: 21.6kph
Max sp: 36kph
Calories: 210
AHR: 120bpm
MHR: 137bpm
Comments: Just a short cycle as I didn't have much time

Activity: Dancing
Comments: Last dancing session for the season and it was 2 hours with a very short break for supper. We tried every dance we had learnt in the 7 weeks plus more. The intermediate and advanced class joined us. I don't think these dancing lessons were a good way to spend quality time together - they caused tension and sore feet instead! I don't think we will continue them next year somehow!

Friday
Activity: Swim
Distance: 1km
Time: 27mins
Comments: Could only squeeze in the basic km as had to conduct an interview in the office at 8.30am so had to be through brekkie by 8.15am. We managed it comfortably. That night I attended an awards night for apprentices in the building and construction trade. It was a very enjoyable 3 course meal in a lovely venue but was somewhat spoilt by the lack of manners of the young apprentices who managed to talk loudly right through the presentations even after being remonstrated by the compere several times!

Saturday - Battling the elements!
Activity: Cycle
Distance: 18:67km
Location: To and round Lake Ginninderra
Calories: 353
AHR: 127bpm
MHR: 151bpm
Av sp: 21.3kph
Max sp: 35kph
Comments: Rode out against a strong head wind and had to really push hard to make any leeway. On the return trip the wind eased a bit and I detoured to a friend's house for a while as I was lending her visiting daughter a couple of our bikes. By the time we left for our house to collect them it had started to pour with rain and as we were pumping up the tyres in our garage down came the hail and the thunder roared. It only lasted about 15mins but wow, it was sudden and very heavy. However when they left with the bikes the sun had returned - a very strange day weather-wise. The wind stopped and late afternoon was calm and sunny. In the evening I went out for dinner with a friend.

Sunday
Activity:
Run 8.25am
Distance: 13.87km
Location: From home to and round Lake G
AHR: 161bpm
MHR: 201bpm
Average pace: 5:46kph
Best km: 5:30kph
Calories: 824
Comments: Ran from home and met up with JD at Black Pepper where we continued running round the lake at a comfortable pace. It was a stunning day today - a little cloudy initially but it turned out to be a warm, sunny, gorgeous day. Afterwards we had a fantastic coffee at Black Pepper - perfect froth and a great taste - so good I had two and the second was as good as the first which is unusual. Maybe they have a new barrista - I'm impressed! JD dropped me off home and later I visited the Kingston Markets where I picked up the Italian print I had framed there. I'm delighted with it. I also went to Belconnen Mall - lots of shopping to do including the supermarket shopping (oh joy) before driving home just before my son and family arrived for dinner. I can't believe how quickly this weekend disappeared! And I still have the ironing to do!!

Tomorrow is swimming and running with speedygeoff's group at Parliament House. It's also decision time for the people we interviewed on Friday and more 'tender' application writing - another fun day in the office!




No comments:

Post a Comment