Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Sunny Spring Sunday

"Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder where the birdies is
The birdy's on the wing
But that's absurd
I always thought the wing was on the bird!"

That about sums up the day. It was a beauty. I started it off with a comfortable middle distance run from home at a comfortable time in the morning!

Activity: Run 9.30am
Distance: 10.97km
Time: 61:55
AHR: 167bpm
MHR: 222bpm
Fastest km: 5:27
Average pace: 5:38 per km
Calories: 652

Comments: Bit muggy and I was dripping wet when I arrived home. I then did some stretches and lifted a few weights before showering. Canberra looked so green today. I ran the same course as I cycled on Friday evening. It was a pleasant run and there were lots of dogs, walkers, cyclists and magpies about. Fortunately the magpies were interested in their babies and not me. In fact I think some of them were babies themselves and they were walking rather than flying about. Today was a good day. Dave was playing in a squash tournament all weekend and I went to the Kingston Markets with a girlfriend and we actually did some Christmas shopping then we had lunch outside in Manuka before going on for more retail therapy at Westfield. It was lots of fun - a successful day. I must add that we had lunch at My Cafe in Manuka. The service was excellent and the coffee was fantastic - at last I've found a great coffee and good food combined - woo hoo. I'll definitely revisit there. I used to go there years ago after the movies in Manuka but obviously it deserves reconsideration now. I will be back! It was really really busy but the service was still very efficient and fast.

1 comment:

  1. The version I remember is
    Spring is sprung
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the birdies is

    The little birds are on the wing
    Aint that absurd
    The little wings are on the bird

    That's from memory from about the year 1962... so no guarantees!

    ReplyDelete