Monday, November 07, 2005

A Tough Day

Activity: Swim 6.30am
Location: Civic Pool
Distance: 1.5km

Comments: Met CJ at pool and I swam pyramids as follows:
1 x 50m, 1 x 100m, 1x 150m, 1x200m, 2 x 250m, 1 x 200m, 1 x 150m, 1 x 100m, 1 x 50m
Swam in the slow lane but felt fine.

Activity: Run 5.30pm
Location: Parliament House
Distance: 8:27km
Time: 48:37
Average pace per km: 5:52
AHR: 154bpm
MHR: 210bpm
Calories: 488
Best km: 5:11

Comments: Ran with speedygeoff's group at Parliament House. We did an interesting loop round Parliament House in and out the little side tracks and down to the grassy track. We then did 7 loops which included a nasty little hill and when we returned to the track ran a 200m sprint. The loop became more difficult as we ran more especially when speedygeoff made us include the second part of the nasty little hill which made it twice as tough! After the 7 repeats we did a cool down back to the start winding in and out the little tracks again. An interesting session and a good work out.

The toughest part of the day was when Mr B telephoned me in the morning at work to tell me that our poor old border collie, Rascal, had died. When I let him out last night he seemed fine but he was deaf and very slow and he found a little spot behind the banksia rose and just curled up there during the night. Mr B found him this morning when he didn't turn up for breakfast or return to bed last night. My daughter picked me up from work and we went home to say goodbye. I brushed his hair and he looked so beautiful and peaceful. I guess he had a heart attack as he didn't seem unwell at all yesterday. Rascal was 15 and had grown up with the children. He was part of our family and will leave a huge gap. I will miss him sitting on the other side of this French door watching me in the evenings as I write my blog! There's a thunder storm going on tonight. I think it's happening in sympathy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Strewth, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I grew up in a household full of border collies so I know how special they are. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete