Thursday, November 26, 2009

Doing things a little differently!

On Thursdays I have a day off work but this evening I'm going to a work function at the Boathouse which will clash with track. Normally I would opt for track but every time we run past the Boathouse restaurant by the lake there is a function there and happy people are enjoying the serenity and views. I weighed it up - I really did - track 5km (current temp 31deg) or nibbles and champagne by the lake - ummmmm! In the end I'm afraid the function has won and thus it was that I ran early this morning instead. I met a friend for breakfast at the civilised hour of 9am so this enabled me to run a pleasant easy 8km first.
It has been simply ages since I have run from home in the morning all alone with my music and I did enjoy it in spite of having run yesterday evening thus running a back-to-back run.
Total distance: 8km
Time taken: 48:31
Average pace per km: 6:03
Calories burned: 468
Good luck to everyone running at track tonight - I hope the temperature drops for those longer races at 8pm.

2 comments:

  1. the temp's already dropping as I type...3000m for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to wave to all the runners while you're sitting on the verandah sipping champagne!

    ReplyDelete