Sunday, November 29, 2009

Woo Hoo - Bling's the Thing!

speedygeese at Yarralumla Bakery after the run


It was a cooler rather windy morning at Weston Park this morning for the final Vets' Athletics monthly handicap of the year. It was a new course and different from the cross country although it incorporated parts of it. I actually enjoyed the out and back course, a little rough in parts but interesting and not too hilly. Marg, Ewen and I ran a short warm-up but as we started in early groups couldn't run for long before the start.
I surprised myself as I felt quite comfortable and found myself passing a few people. I started in Group 18 which was a good handicap and gave me an opportunity to do well. I finished seventh across the line but it turned out that a few people weren't eligible and I was called out as the bronze medal winner. Wow, that was an exciting surprise - yay!
A number of our speedygeese won trophies at the final presentation, including Ken (for pointscore in the short runs) and our speedycoach (who won two trophies) so we felt pretty happy and a few of us enjoyed a lovely relaxing coffee at the Yarralumla Bakery later.
Distance of race: 7km
Time taken: 39:16
Average pace per km: 5:37
Calories burned: 404
Total distance with warm-up: 8.3km
Total distance for week: 72km
Photo 2: strewth, Marg, speedygeoff, Heidi, Ken, Janene, Ewen

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! You ran with such sprightliness!

    Rose, thorn, rose, thorn, rose, thorn, rose ;)

    ReplyDelete