Tuesday, November 03, 2009

First of the Spring Series

After a pleasant Melbourne Cup lunch with Mr B's cycling group and the excitement of the race (Mr B had backed the winner 'Shocking' and his winnings covered the cost of his lunch), I headed for The Boathouse for the first of the Cross Country summer series races. The hot weather had blown over and in fact it was drizzling and blowing a gale when I arrived. I ran a warm-up run with Ewen and Caroline joined us for part of the way. Ewen and I ran 3km and by the start of the race the wind had eased and the temperature was pleasant, not at all like yesterday.
I ran a bit tired and slow but it was the first of the series so hopefully my times will improve.
Distance of race: 5km
Time taken: 27:27
Average pace per km: 5:29
Place: 67th
After the run I ran a cool down of 2km with Ewen and speedygeoff.
Total distance for evening: 10km

1 comment:

  1. That cool change was shocking. Hope we get another this arvo!

    ReplyDelete