Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Desperately seeking .....................

Oh dear me, why is it that when I run before 9am or after 6pm the public loos are locked? Who is the invisible man responsible for this?? Thank goodness for bushes but there aren't always enough of them in convenient places! I had one of those nights when bushes had to suffice and I had to shorten my 18km run to 16.49km and make a mad dash home!

Activity: Run 6.25pm
Distance: 16:49km
Time taken: 1hr 36mins 21secs
Average pace per km: 5:51
Fastest km: 5:30
Calories burned: 1017
AHR: 155bpm
MHR: 223bpm
Location: To and round Lake G and home via Giralang

Comments: Disastrous finish but I'm sure it would have been a good run if I didn't feel so yucky - definitely a runners' tummy problem tonight. However I almost ran the required 18km and certainly I felt as if I could have in normal circumstances. I was lucky with the weather as it had rained for the majority of the day and I kept peering out the office window willing it to stop as I knew I had to do this run after work. The wind was a bit strong in places and it was a nasty head wind which was tough at times but at least it wasn't hot and the rain held off although those dark clouds certainly looked threatening. I ran through some very big puddles at the lake and a family of ducks was thoroughly enjoying themselves. There were quite a few runners out and about and people pushing prams and families going for walks. It's a lovely time of night.

1 comment:

  1. The yucky little tummy bug going around is fairly mild and disappears soon. Or have you got an upgraded version?

    ReplyDelete