Thursday, March 02, 2006

Aquathlon No 4 - Final Short Race

Activity: Swim 300m; Run 2.5km
Time: 21:54 (tbc)
Locality: The Boat House

Comments: The buoy was in a different spot this week and directly under the line of the sun. It was impossible to sight it once out there swimming so I followed other people's kicking to the first buoy and from then I just took pot luck with directions to the finish. It was a case of swimming 6 strokes then sighting to see where I was or rather the approximate direction of the finish line. If I could swim faster I might have been able to stay in someone's slipstream but as it was I had to just hope for the best that I would end up at the right place. At least it wasn't as choppy as the last race, just more difficult to see. However, I made it without being last and took my time in transition drying the sticks and grass and dirt off my feet and tightening my stretchy laces as I made the mistake of having to adjust my shoelaces and running with stones in my shoes last time. It was a good run. I really ran my hardest and passed quite a number of people out there - had to make up for the slow swim somehow! I guess the splits and correct time will be on the website in a few days. It was fun later chatting to lots of regulars such as Annemarie, Pam, Flashduck, Caroline and Aki. Mr B cycled down to lend his support. The Coolrunning team (Aki and FD) did really well.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you did well. "Not being last" seems to motivate you. Like last Monday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, you've been busy since I last dropped by!

    Glad the aquathlon went well. That distance for an event sounds like my cup of tea !

    ReplyDelete