Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Countdown - 11 Sleeps!

Activity: Run at 6am
Distance: 10.27km
Time: 59:22
Average pace per km: 5:54

Comments: A pleasant morning although very dark. I tried to stay where there were street lights. I ran round the Kaleen block clockwise then the extra 4km anti-clockwise which is a lot more undulating. I had to watch my footing on the uneven paths but I actually quite enjoyed the run and felt comfortable after the initial warm-up. It's always difficult to start out early but it's also a good way to wake up properly for the day ahead!

Today I had a physio appointment and my physio's wife treated me as he is on holiday. She's also a physio and just lovely. She really worked on my ITBs and feet - hurt heaps at the time but felt really good afterwards.

Activity: Yoga
Some of those stretches really work on the calf muscles. It's very 'ouch' but it's probably the only way I would ever stretch properly - an hour and a quarter of stretching basically before a fifteen minute relax pose - very difficult to stay awake at the end.

Tomorrow I have to fly to Sydney for the day for a meeting so it will be the rest day (from running) that I would have otherwise had on Friday. Oops, I had better book the taxi for the morning!

4 comments:

  1. How can it be more undulating running in reverse. Is there fast erosion happening or something?

    Enjoy everyone of those sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Strewth! Thanks for visiting me, I couldn't open your blog before, I don't know why...
    Nice format you have to post, you aussie girls seem to be very organizated!

    mmmmmm a travel blog?? I am checking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50km is a long way strewth...are you nervous?
    I wish you good luck and well deserved time!
    Cheers R2B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see you out somewhere at the weekend practicing your 5:35 pace. As for me, I might try it over 4km on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete